Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Remnants of the word "Corridor"

As I walk down the corridor from NUH to science canteen , I was reminded of the old school days and college days.


LKG:


Unlike today (hopefully) I was a big time cry baby in LKG. I never used to talk to anybody except my mom. Amma and me used to take the bus 37G to go to K.K.Nagar and the travel journey was around half n hour. All will be well till the turning around the Pillayar kovil. I will be laughing , joking and all smiles till then . Then starts my tragedy. I knew in several moments amma was going to leave me in a dungeon and she will be off. The laughters will turn into frowns. The jokes will turn into silence.

The bus would stop near the stand and Amma will take me into the school . I love the passage into the school as we used to go through the third gate and right opposite to that will be the "Anand bakery" . Aww.... Superb smell. I am crazy after cakes (even today).
I will try to walk as slowly as possible while amma will be hurrying for signing the register before 8.10 am .

(Aside) This 8.10 am is a BIG THING in my mom's life which I have continuously affected. My mom has been my driver till 12th and all the four years of my engineering to the bus stop and never has she been able to make it before 8.10 ... lol.... because of my constant delays. And you know what .... In the past one year ... she has made to school before 8.10 all days and got some extra pay :P... The attendance register incharge makes full fun of this ... poor me !


Back to the mainstream, So amma will carry me to the office where I shall be left alone outside the principal's office amongst other gaintly humans and amma would be signing . If she returns in a relaxed pace, then she would have met her deadline else she would be making promises of starting early the next day .. lol...

Then she used to drag me back to the Dungeon entrance. There starts the drama. I will start wailing at the sight of the dungeon and my class room used to be in the other end. I will resist... to be continued

4 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey cry baby..u write so well.

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey very cute blog di....
u remember every single thing that u did in LKG... such cute moments r simply worth relishing.....

alright .....!!! wat is that "will continue" tv serial ku scripta ezhudharey nee ????
lol :) :)

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey awesome di...
I remembered my childhood...
u made me home sick dear...
awesome...

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Shree said...

@ christy ... kalakku ma nee
@ suganya .... vettiness di thats all
@ kavi... temme when u r free we can chat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home